Product release information for VIPRE Cloud Console v1.4.0, released July 8, 2019
VIPRE Agent for Mac - This release includes a new VIPRE Endpoint Security Cloud agent for Mac, which brings the power and efficiency of our Windows protection to this platform. You can now manage and protect your Mac and Windows devices from within a single pane of glass and give your users a slick new agent with proactive real-time protection. This new agent for Mac has already passed independent testing from AV-Comparatives with flying colors and greatly improves on the previous agent for Mac that was only available within the Endpoint Server Edition. Features include:
- Certified on Mac OS X 10.11-10.14.x
- Flexible policy management allowing you to specify how much control you give to your users
- Real-time Active Protection catches threats as soon as they touch your system
- Simple and flexible policy and exclusion model similar to our Windows implementation
- Operational and Threat data transparently rolls up to Endpoint Cloud dashboards and reports, and supports full drill-down and pivoting data exploration
- Scan/reboot/uninstall the agent remotely from the Cloud console
This new agent for Mac expands your zone of protection to cover more of your environment and makes it easy to manage all your devices.
This section contains all of the system requirements for VIPRE Endpoint Cloud; the content is not limited to just the Agent for Mac.
|Web-Based Console||We support the latest release of the following browsers:
|VIPRE Update Proxy||
|VIPRE Agent for Mac||
|VIPRE Agent for Windows||
This section contains improvements made to the VIPRE Endpoint Cloud management console.
- Optional fields in modal dialog forms are now flagged as (optional)
- Now hover over Truncated fields in reports to see the non-truncated value
- Screens that need a bit more time to load will now display a Loading... animation instead of a blank, or partially blank, screen
Bugs fixed in this release
The following bugs have been resolved with this release.
- VC-3467 - Site Manager: when creating a site and Company name field is empty, Create button stays grayed out with no indication of missing data
- VC-3859 - Links disappear from profile page when user request pause, stop, or cancel for a scan
- VC-3865 - The display of some Dashboard components overlap when viewed on smaller screens
- VC-4040 - Threat Detection Report truncates long policy names and tool tip does not display on mouse hover
- VC-4098 - Device quarantine bulk actions does not consider time intervals
- VC-4264 - Field validation message incorrectly displays as phone number is typed on Create/Edit User form
- VC-4265 - Threat Detection Report does not contain right-click option to open threat report in a new tab
- VC-4318 - Policy add/edit - when navigating between sections, policy may be saved without display of edit errors warning
- VC-4430 - Bulk unquarantine/delete of 40+ threats results in only some unquarantine/delete events being processed on server
- VC-4487 - Date picker is truncated in usage screens when screen width is 1000px
- VC-4596 - Threat Detection Report - some threats are not reflected on chart according to dates of threats listed
Known issues and workarounds
This section lists issues that are known at the time of release. In some cases, these are bugs that we are working to resolve with a subsequent release. Other items may be due to causes outside of our control, such as bugs with other vendors' software. In all cases, we have tried to provide a workaround for you to consider, should you experience an issue.
If you have questions about a specific issue, please provide the issue ID (if applicable) when contacting our Technical Support team.
VIPRE Update Proxy Installer displays "Installer corrupted: Invalid opcode" message [VC-4671]
Symptom: On some versions of Windows, the VIPRE Update Proxy installer may display a message with the text "Installer corrupted: Invalid opcode" toward the end of the software installation process.
This issue has been confirmed on 64-bit versions of Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012.
Workaround: Click OK to dismiss the message and finish the installation. No further action is necessary.
Policies previously showing in a report view still display with a blank name in some reports after being deleted [VC-4593]
Symptom: If a policy is deleted, in some reports its data will display, but its name will appear as blank. This problem can be observed in the following reports:
Threat Detection Report
Threat Summary Report
Workaround: If you would like to avoid this issue, rather than deleting unused policies simply append obsolete to the name as a reminder to not use the policy. Once this issue is resolved in a future VIPRE Endpoint Cloud update, the obsolete policy can be deleted.
UI does not allow some valid email addresses [VC-4856]
Symptom: Entering a valid email address that contains quotes (e.g. "my email@example.com" or "myemail"@domain.com) results in error message "Invalid recipients".
Workaround: When entering email addresses, do not use double quotation marks.
Quarantine Actions from Threat page does not honor filter/facet criteria [VC-4855]
Error when creating site with Company Name longer than 189 characters [VC-4795]
Unable to display 4k+ scan threat report [VC-4758]
Symptom: Device timeline report does not display if report contains more than 4k results
Previous known issues
Patch Management and Device Control, available in VIPRE Endpoint Security - Server edition, are not yet available in VIPRE Cloud
These features are planned for a future release.
- Workaround: None.
Mobile agents, available in VIPRE Endpoint Security - Server edition, are not yet available in VIPRE Cloud
This feature is planned for a future release.
- Workaround: None.
Quarantine actions on the Threat Name screen don't always match the selected range [VC-3506]
On the Threat Name screen, when choosing to unquarantine or delete a threat by selecting a specific date, devices with that threat that don’t match the selected date range are also instructed to unquarantine or delete the threat.
- Workaround: Toggle the date filter to determine if an unquarantine/delete action is acceptable for all the listed devices. If not, perform a manual unquarantine or delete the threat for the needed devices.
After a threat is removed, the Quarantine list does not refresh [VC-3443]
Quarantine list isn't refreshed/updated after a threat has been removed
- Workaround: When a user selects to Unquarantine or Delete an item, it becomes scheduled to be acted upon in the system. Since this action delay could take some time (depending on how busy the agents are, how many agents are being asked to act, etc.), it is recommended to manually refresh the display if you need to see an immediate update to the quarantined or deleted items. Additionally, you can navigate to the device details page and see if the deferred work has been picked up by the agent.
When a device status changes on the Devices screen, the device list does not refresh [VC-3439]
The number of devices in the filter list do not immediately update when a device status changes on the Device screen
- Workaround: Refresh the page. The filter count updates when the page loads. The status of a device updates when the row is expanded/closed.
The license expiration date on the Dashboard is one day early [VC-1810]
The license expiration date displayed on the Dashboard is one day before the actual expiration date. Health Digest notifications report the correct expiration date. This only occurs when the timezone has not been set for the site.
- Workaround: Set the timezone (System > Settings > Select a Timezone).
Bar chart items on a report are not always selectable in Microsoft Edge [VC-3137]
When viewing a report, bar chart items are not selectable until a filter is selected, or the screen is manually refreshed (Microsoft Edge browser only)
- Workaround: Select a filter or refresh the page.
The switch for Anti-Phishing can be toggled on in a policy regardless of Email Protection being enabled [VC-2786]
While editing the Email Protection section of a policy, the user can enable the UI switch for Anti-Phishing without Email Protection being enabled
- Workaround: None. This is cosmetic only. The user is not actually enabling Anti-Phishing, because Email Protection is not turned on.