Table of ContentsWhat's NewSpecial InstructionsSystem Requirements Bugs Fixed in this ReleaseKnown Issues and Workarounds
Product release information for VIPRE Endpoint Security Cloud Console v2.0.0 and VIPRE Agent for Windows v12.3, released on February 09, 2022.
The latest release of VIPRE Endpoint Security Cloud sees the introduction of Vulnerability and Patch Management. Often a pain point and a source of risk for our customers, unpatched third-party applications can expose an attack surface that can be targeted to gain entry into customers' sensitive internal systems and networks. The new Vulnerability and Patch Management feature helps close that gap by making it easy to identify hundreds of third-party apps in your environment, understand what vulnerabilities are present in those apps, and allow you to easily patch those apps manually or automatically.
With Vulnerability Management, you can:
- Discover security vulnerabilities in applications you use every day
- Take action to fix the identified security vulnerabilities in just a few clicks
- Prioritize remediation based on the level of risk as determined by risk or number of affected devices
Visit Software Vulnerabilities for specific details on using Vulnerability Management. See video tour below under Special Instructions.
With Patch Management, you can:
- Identify and update outdated applications
- Access interactive reporting on applications and what needs to be updated vs what's already been updated
- Schedule scans and automatic updates, based on policy, to automatically update applications
Visit Application Updates for specific details on using Patch Management. See video tour below under Special Instructions.
Patch Management, which includes vulnerabilities and application updates, is an add-on for VIPRE Endpoint Security Cloud with an additional fee. To purchase, please contact VIPRE Sales or your service provider.
Schedule Application Scans and Automatic Updates
- In the blue left-side menu, under Manage, click on Policies
- Select the desired policy by clicking on its name
- Under Summary, click on Patching
- Click to Enable Application Scanning
- Enabling this will allow for automatic application updates
- If desired, click to Enable Automatic Application Updates
- Enabling this will allow you to choose which applications to automatically update and to schedule those updates
- Under Applications, choose one of the following:
- All Supported - Automatically updates all supported applications
- Only These - Automatically updates only the selected applications
- All Except These - Automatically updates all applications except the ones selected
- Under Schedule, you can choose to automatically update the chosen applications at any time or at a specific time using the following parameters:
- Any week of the month or a specific week of the month
- Any day of the week or a specific day of the week
- Any hour of the day or a specific time range during the day
- Under Start-up Patching, you can choose to run missed patch updates after the agent device starts up
- Under Reboot, you can choose to reboot the agent device only if required by the application or to always reboot the agent device
Video description: Enabling Patch Management and scheduling automatic updates
Video description: Tour of Vulnerabilities within Endpoint Security Cloud
Video description: Enabling Applications with Endpoint Security Cloud
This section contains all of the system requirements for VIPRE Endpoint Security Cloud.
We support the latest release of the following browsers:
VIPRE Update Proxy
VIPRE Update Proxy is a supplemental application tool that works with your existing deployment of VIPRE Endpoint Security - Cloud Edition. For more information, refer to Related Articles for details on the VIPRE Update Proxy Guide.
VIPRE Agent for Windows
SUPPORTED EMAIL APPLICATIONS
SUPPORTED WEB BROWSERS FOR HTTPS URL PROTECTION
Bugs Fixed in this Release
VIPRE Agent for Windows
- VPBAGENT-8310: Malicious Content Blocking for HTTP was interfering with access to websites
- VPBAGENT-8246: Malicious Content Blocking for HTTP was interfering with SQL Server 2017 Reporting Services
- VPBAGENT-7702: Malicious Content Blocking was interfering with a third-party application
- VPBAGENT-7437: Malicious Content Blocking was causing camera UI issues and freezing with a third-party application
- VPBAGENT-7469: Web Exploit Detection was interfering with access to certain allowed websites
- VPBAGENT-7327: Web Exploit Detection was interfering with a third-party application
- VPBAGENT-7526: Disabled Web Exploit Detection was interfering with a third-party application
- VPBAGENT-7536: Some third-party applications were running slowly with Verify HTTP URLs enabled
- VPBAGENT-7982: IDS Notify window was allowing users/agents to create a local 'Allow' rule despite being managed from the Cloud console
VIPRE Endpoint Security Cloud Console
- VC-8100: Duplicate "New Agent Available" emails were sent when a new agent version became available
- VC-8101: "New Agent Available" emails were being sent out before the installer was actually available for download
Known Issues and Workarounds
This section lists issues that are known at the time of release. In some cases, these are bugs that we are working to resolve with a subsequent release. Other items may be due to causes outside of our control, such as bugs with other vendors' software. In all cases, we have tried to provide a workaround for you to consider, should you experience an issue.
If you have questions about a specific issue, please provide the issue ID (if applicable) when contacting our Technical Support team.
|VC-7478||Usage page shows time range from before the site's license was created
Workaround: Choosing to view a time range from before your site was created will result in an error. To avoid this, choose an appropriate time range starting from the date of, or after, your site was created.
|VC-7208||Usage Summary monthly notification frequency is affected by changes in the schedule
Workaround: This setting should not be affected by changes in the schedule. To avoid this, do not make any changes to the notification schedule.
|VC-7200||Files with XPS extension not being detected
Workaround: There is currently no workaround for this issue.